Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Few Things...

  1. I really enjoy Fake Steve Jobs' blog - brilliant wit, great irony, etc. Here's a recent favorite example...
  2. The Nashville Scene, after ignoring the plight of Eric Volz in Nicaragua for a year, celebrated his release by writing a nasty story about his sister and her relationship with an illegal immigrant... and then drawing parallels to Eric's story. Fortunately, the majority of Nashvillians saw it for what it was, and opened up a can of whoop-ass on the Scene.
  3. I have been exhaustively cleaning house for the last week and a half, and it's like losing weight - you feel better, you look better, you feel lighter. Loads of stuff to Goodwill! I have a mental image of ultimately getting rid of about 25% of my stuff, which will make it much easier to fit into my tiny apartment, while at the same time making it easier to pack up and move if I am able to...
  4. Buy a condo. Not that I think I can afford it; not in the Brentwood/Franklin area where the bulk of my clients are... but I'm pursuing it anyway, because I have decided that for my sanity and to feel like I've accomplished something, I need to be in my own place by my 40th birthday. So, I have 314 days!

No comments: