Rules for Guests at Seminole Lodge
- Don't cabbage unto yourself all the fish poles. This has been done by guests thereby incurring the grave disapproval of the entire family.
- Don't kill the black snakes under the porch. They are there for a purpose.
- If you don't think Seminole Lodge is the loveliest spot you ever wore your rubbers in - don't let on to Father.
- Don't fail to return to your room during part of each day - so that the family may squabble without embarrassment.
- Don't stop Madeleine if you see her start violently anywhere alone. She's only trying to work out her disposition.
- Don't capsize in the sailboat if you can help it. Remember there isn't any man to rescue you in 750 miles. And besides there are the sharks.
- Don't ask us anything about Palm Beach. We don't want to know.