Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Mid-Life Crisis

OK, there's something fishy going on here... I just went to the doctor yesterday with an irritated and sore left eye, only to find out that I probably have a minor case of conjunctivitis... in other words, Pinkeye. I find it odd that after 2+ decades, I've now come down with 2 of the ailments I had as a child - Pinkeye in 1st grade, Strep in 3rd grade.

I've been so healthy for years, never getting anything nameable beyond various bugs or allergy-related nastiness, that I find this arresting. Almost as though I'm reliving my childhood, but not through any choice of my own.

1 comment:

Mike Howell said...

If that's all the childhood maladies you can dredge up, then you were freakishly healthy. I preferred the sickly, asthmatic approach to childhood myself.