Monday, August 07, 2006

I NEED A VA-CAAAAY-TION!

I've been working non-stop since January, except for July 4th. I need a vacation. But how this is to be achieved, I do not know. My dilemma is trifold:
  1. Money - don't have any. Won't have any.
  2. Time - if I take a week to go somewhere, that's a week without any income. Which, as stated above, I am lacking in.
  3. Company - no-one available. This used to be a non-issue since I preferred to go to the beach on my own, but after 10 years of doing so, the novelty has worn off and after 3 or 4 days I get bored on my own. And even if there was a friend available to go, I don't have any friends that I'm close enough to to be confident of a fun time after the first 24 hours. I'd love to go with my sisters and their kids, but they already went to the beach together back in the spring. Without me.

*sigh* I guess I'll take a 4 day weekend and go to my Grandmother's in the Armpit of the Universe, Batesville. There, I will take naps, shop at the Super Wal-Mart, and sit and watch Wheel of Fortune and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire at 6 pm. If there's anything else to do there, somehow, it just won't happen. There's a movie theater there. Do you know how many movies I've seen in Batesville in the last decade? Two. I get in that house, and barely leave it for 3 days.

And the conversations? *sigh* I love my Grandmother, but...

Could this BE any more of a pity party? I think not.

[cheerfulmentalreinforcement] Be glad you have your health... your home... your family... your friends... steady work... Project Runway... [/cheerfulmentalreinforcement]

No comments: