Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A Very Special Day

Today is a very special day for me. "Why?" you might ask, if you cared to; "why is this a special day, Susan?"

Today is the one-year anniversary of my House Calls Computer business! I have survived, I have scraped by, I have learned, I have grown, blah blah blah. It has been one of the best years of my life, although not without it's pains and difficulties.

I have my friend Sally Higgs to thank; it was her idea, and I'm just grateful she told it to me, because I had no thought of it at the time. I called her up today to thank her for having said that it was something she thought I'd be good at, and inspiring me to try it, and she was completely surprised; she didn't realize that she sparked it!

I also want to thank Eric Wyse for letting me work on his office computers when I was still learning my way, and Daystar Counseling for being the most relentlessly appreciative and encouraging clients I've ever had. And if I had not begun this business, I wouldn't have gotten to know the Searfosses, the Granberys, the Epsteins, the Solareks, and the Stewarts. How infinitely poorer I should have been!

No comments: