Monday, February 12, 2007

Various and Sundry

Eric Volz's trial has been reset for the 3rd time; it's due to start tomorrow. Please pray for the safety of everyone involved, and that the victim's mom will not persist in spreading lies! I am hopinghopinghoping for an immediate acquittal. I'm hoping that next time I visit, the Updates page will say he is on a plane back to the States!

I'm melancholy today; I need to hang out with friends! Too much time alone lately.

I finally started a 3 day dietetic fast, as prescribed by my fantastic nutritionist, TI Bishop ( I've been putting it off for a few weeks now, because I am scared I'll get sick or pass out. It's perfectly healthy - I'm taking all sorts of supplements and vile-tasting liquids - but I'm still scared that I'll pass out. See, despite all medical tests to the contrary, I think I'm hypoglycemic because I used to pass out a lot when I was young, and I can get light-headed if I wait too long to eat. So as you can imagine, I make a point of never skipping a meal if I can possibly help it! My dread of fainting is really strong. But I need a jump-start to lose some weight, so I'm trying to push on through my fear.

I think I had a window to skip out of town for a vacation last week and I missed it. Damn.

Valentine's Day is coming up, and despite my determination to not let it effect me, the sadness pokes me at every commercial, every sight of a shelf of heart-shaped chocolates. Valentine's Day sucks in all the obvious ways, because despite all the self-confidence in the world, you feel like a failure if you have no one to love or be loved by at this time. It's one of those percentage points in the 95/5 Theory I have developed. (If you're single, you're happy with your solitary state 95% of the time. The other 5% covers such miseries as car trouble, big bugs to be squished, weddings of much younger women, and Valentine's Day.)

No comments: