Thursday, March 02, 2006

Colbert for president

OK, Last night Stephen Colbert topped himself, while berating a "journalista" who had made an insulting comment about how the Yahoo news division was as likely to win a Pulitzer as "The Colbert Report". Colbert then did the most hilariously timed sarcastic bit, "Ha ha, that's great. Funny stuff. Let me try one: Jon Friedman has about as much of a chance of winning a Peabody as I do. Oh wait? That's right," whipping out his Peabody Award... then his second Peabody... at which point he said, "and where do I put these? BESIDE MY EMMYS!" and slammed 2 Emmy statuettes on the desk. I spontaneously applauded - it was just sublime!

Here's a really good one from the Olympics...

1 comment:

Susania said...

The Word is always my favorite part. I'm so pleased you liked the show! I do recommend some of the clips from past shows that are particularly well-done - I've edited my original post and added the links...