Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I Loves Me Some Drama!

So I've rehashed this with any number of friends & family, but I am alternately disappointed and delighted with the Olympics this year. I finally solidified what I find so appealing about watching them - it's the stories. Have they suffered to get there? Do they have a dying family member? Are they emotional when they win? Do they weep on the podium? Do they fall spectacularly and then rise to fight on?

There's been a lack of really good surprise stories this time, and yet there have been some; but I find myself watching for long stretches, working on a scarf or hat, and finally thinking "gosh, I'm so bored with this!"

1 comment:

Susania said...

au contraire! Tugba Karademir from Turkey - Heart-wrenching story; and really great performance, I thought!

http://www.nbcolympics.com/olympicmoments/5130325/detail.html